Salvete Amici

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
ForeverFaithful
Textkit Neophyte

Salvete Amici

Post by ForeverFaithful »

Hello, my name is Mitchell, I have just finished my first year of university in the Greek and Roman's Studies program. My favorite part of it was taking Latin, which I will be doing again next year (with an additional direct reading of Hobbitus Ille)

I'm a Roman Catholic too, so I'm really excited about all the things Latin let's me read. After I finish another year of Latin, I might take Greek too, but I currently see myself as more partial to Romans than to Greeks, both in regards to language and society.

The text book we use is Latin Via Ovid, if anyone is familiar with it, free high five.

I thought it would be wise to join some kind of community to help keep up Latin over the summer, and I found this forum so I figured "why not?". We'll see how active a member I become, but I think it'll be nice to have a community like this.

Pax Vobiscum

Phil-
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Salvete Amici

Post by Phil- »

Salve, Mitchell. Another newbie here. I have to say, as a student of both Latin and Greek, that Latin is easier on the beginner, or at least more Latin resources are available. I recommend the LLPSI course. It's fantastic for improving your reading while giving lots of guidance along the way. I'm really interested in medieval Latin too--I agree with you that there's lots of good stuff there to be read.

Vale,
-Phil