Bookstore suggestions in Rome?

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
gregf
Textkit Neophyte

Bookstore suggestions in Rome?

Post by gregf »

Salve!

I'm currently in Rome taking part in the Polis summer school in Ancient Greek, and I'm having problems finding a quality bookstore that might have classics texts such as the Italian version of Athenaze and other Vivarium Novum books. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

cb
Textkit Zealot

Re: Bookstore suggestions in Rome?

Post by cb »

hi, the best bookstore for 1st-hand classics books i know of in rome is herder on the piazza de monte citorio (go right to the top floor). the website says it's closed though for the moment, perhaps check out when it will reopen: http://www.herder.it/ . if it's closed you could try the cicero bookstore under the corso, or one of just those normal big bookstores like the one across the road from the largo di torre argentina... others can help you out better i'm sure, when in rome i spend more of my time in the rare book bookstores and you wouldn't find books like athenaze in there unfortunately... cheers, chad