So What Else do You do?

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Scribo
Global Moderator

Re: So What Else do You do?

Post by Scribo »

NOTHING WILL TURN A MAN TO MURDER SO QUICKLY AS GREEK PALAEOGRAPHY.

I had honestly forgotten, post instruction, how annoying this stuff could be. My mighty thymos is literally burning with anger inside my breast. Its times like these I'm glad of hobbies. I'm going to sit down and watch more Farscape. Best show ever.
(Occasionally) Working on the following tutorials:

(P)Aristotle, Theophrastus and Peripatetic Greek
Intro Greek Poetry
Latin Historical Prose

daivid
Administrator

Post by daivid »

Scribo wrote:NOTHING WILL TURN A MAN TO MURDER SO QUICKLY AS GREEK PALAEOGRAPHY.

I had honestly forgotten, post instruction, how annoying this stuff could be. My mighty thymos is literally burning with anger inside my breast. Its times like these I'm glad of hobbies. I'm going to sit down and watch more Farscape. Best show ever.
I used to read a lot of science fiction but most TV science too superficial with minimal character development. I have not seen Farscape. The one SF show that really grabbed me was Defying Gravity in which the personal lives of the characters were central.
Superficially this ought to make me a fan of Herodotus because he goes for the human interest stories. However, they tend to be absurd tall stories that for me fail even as fiction.
λονδον

Adelheid
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Adelheid »

I remember Farscape. Loved it.
Regards,
Adelheid
http://www.perispomenon.nl

Scribo
Global Moderator

Post by Scribo »

Well its not going to be quite on the level of a really good book, but its surprisingly well fleshed out and I really enjoyed it. Give it a whirl if you can. :)

Intro Greek Poetry
Latin Historical Prose

Adelheid
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Adelheid »

I wish I knew where to get it ...
Regards,
Adelheid
http://www.perispomenon.nl

daivid
Administrator

Post by daivid »

Scribo wrote:Well its not going to be quite on the level of a really good book, but its surprisingly well fleshed out and I really enjoyed it. Give it a whirl if you can. :)
TV and film can convey an impression of real people despite not having less time to do it.
I have been watching "Continuum" because it is well acted and they take pains to keep the characters consistent. The trouble is that as the series has progressed the "suits" have clearly decided that it is the violence that keeps the ratings up and sitting through all that just for the flashes of real drama is bit pointless.

From what you say Farscape sounds something I should look out for.
λονδον

Scribo
Global Moderator

Post by Scribo »

Now why did you just copy one of my previous posts, verbatim?

Intro Greek Poetry
Latin Historical Prose

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Osterdeich wrote:On occasion I've considered humbly writing the venerable Swiss actress, Annemarie Düringer, doyenne of the Wien Theater, and telling her how desperately I've loved her and her films from the Fifties to the present day, but I sit in uncomfortable silence and the words never come.
You should do that before Time removes that opportunity. At the very worse you get no reply or a some stock reply back from her agent. I always wanted to write Ernest Borgnine, but never did. Now it's too late.
Textkit Founder