Berlitz For Children Series...

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Berlitz For Children Series...

Post by Keesa »

Does anyone know if Berlitz has done one of their "For Children" series in Latin? i.e., I have Berlitz French for Children, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty, and the back of the book lists five others; <br />Berlitz French for Children, The Three Bears and Little Red Riding Hood; <br />Berlitz Spanish for Children, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty; Berlitz Spanish for Children, The Three Bears and Little Red Riding Hood; <br />Berlitz Italian for Children, The Three Bears and Little Red Riding Hood, and <br />Berlitz German for Children, The Three Bears and Little Red Riding Hood. <br /><br />What about "Berlitz Latin for Children"? Did they ever put that out? <br /><br />Keesa

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Re:Berlitz For Children Series...

Post by Keesa »

Well, to answer my own question, I can't even find the French for Children books, so I would guess they've stopped publishing them altogether-which is a great shame. That was one of my favorite ways to learn. And Cinderella in Latin would have been neat. ;D<br /><br />Keesa

Raya
Textkit Fan

Post by Raya »

I could be wrong here, but as far as I know Berlitz only does modern languages...<br /><br />There are Latin children's books available though: Winne ille Pu, [/i]Urbs nomine Paddington[/i]...

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Cattus Petasatus, The Grinch who Stole Christmas...there are many. But, it wasn't the children's book in particular I liked, it was the way they did it, in a question-answer sort of way, with the French, then the pronunciation, then the English. But, as I said, I don't think they even do the French and Spanish and others anymore. <br /><br />Keesa