Hailing all Testkit users! :)

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
MDS
Textkit Fan

Hailing all Testkit users! :)

Post by MDS »

I just wanted to introduce myself, I am a 19 year old student from Canada and am trying to re-introduce myself to the world of Latin. Thank godness I work in the biggest bookstore chain in Canada (Chapters/Indigo/Coles etc.)! Everyone here seems very friendly and willing to share their knowledge which is great since I'm sure I'll have lots of questions. I am currently working through Wheelocks 6e and of course, the omnipotent BLD!

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Re:Hailing all Testkit users! :)

Post by Keesa »

Welcome, MDS! I hope you like it here. I sure do! I've only been here a few weeks, but I've already made more progress than I ever thought possible! The people here are wonderful, and they're always willing to answer your questions...even the dumbest, as I've proved numerous times! <br /><br />Keesa

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

Welcome! I hope you find what you're looking for here. Please feel free to post any questions you have, there is no dearth of people who are willing to help beginners like us with alacrity.

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

hey fellow canadian!<br /><br />i'm jealous of your chapters job. <br /><br />where are you at? i'm in edmonton so if you're anywhere near there's a VERY good chance that i will force you into studying with me since i don't have a study partner here :P<br /><br />milito is also in canada... she is our resident gypsy though so you never know where she might live next week... ;)
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

MDS
Textkit Fan

Post by MDS »

I live about 30 mins (or 9 hours when you're driving home without electricity on very little gas) from Toronto. I too have no study partner...:( but thats what this is for right?!?

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

yes, and this is great for that. but nothing beats having a real-life study partner (or two). some of my favourite college memories are of sitting on the living room floor with my fellow greek geeks diagramming passages (yes, we really did fulfill the true meaning of "geek"!)<br /><br />what town near TO? chances are i drove through it on my holidays last year... we drove EVERYWHERE. :P
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

MDS
Textkit Fan

Post by MDS »

I live in Pickering, work in Ajax. Don't meet too many Latin or Greek "geeks" around here. :)

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

actually one of my fellow greek geeks from college is about to start his phd studies at the university of toronto (oh how quickly they grow up! ;)<br /><br />he lives in aurora. but he does mainly koine greek... took some latin during his masters studies but i don't think he's done any classical greek.<br /><br />trying to think of any other greek students i know in that area...<br /><br />i vaguely remember ajax but can't place it in my mental map.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

[quote author=MDS link=board=6;threadid=498;start=0#4288 date=1061172575]<br />the omnipotent BLD!<br />[/quote]<br /><br />I like you already ;)<br />Greetings<br />

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

You are wise, MDS! You got on his good side quickly... ;D<br /><br />Keesa

MDS
Textkit Fan

Post by MDS »

klewlis:<br />i vaguely remember ajax but can't place it in my mental map.<br /><br />I think Ajax's claim to fame is Sum 41 (a Canadian punk band for those not familiar with it). Not a place that strikes you as one to come back to.<br /><br />Episcopus:<br />the omnipotent BLD!<br /><br />And to think its from 1911...should go dig up the books in my grandparents basement, might find a copy...:) that'd be nice!<br />

Nihil
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Nihil »

Salve MDS,<br /><br />Welcome to Textkit forums! You're apt to find many knowledgable people on this site. <br /><br />Vale,<br />Terry