Textkit Logo

Pensees

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.

Moderators: thesaurus, Jeff Tirey

Pensees

Postby Keesa » Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:17 pm

Does anyone know where I can find a good copy (preferably a free ebook online :P) of Pensees, by Blaise Pascal, in French or Latin? I've read him through in English, but I would like to read him again in French, and in Latin, once I'm advanced enough, if he was ever translated into Latin. <br /><br />Keesa
phpbb
Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Re:Pensees

Postby Skylax » Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:24 pm

I hope this will fit :<br />http://members.fortunecity.com/jusdo/id166.htm<br /><br />I've had a look at the beginning : it is extremely well written and extremely perverse, too. He uses all means of intimidation. I had not noticed it when I read it for the first time, yesterday (when I was young)...
Skylax
Textkit Enthusiast

Re:Pensees

Postby Keesa » Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:47 pm

Merci, Skylax! Cela me fait grand plaisir! I shall get out my French/English dictionary and set to work. <br /><br />He does seem to do his best to confuse one, doesn't he? Which, of course, is one of the reasons I like reading his book... ;D<br /><br />Thanks again. <br /><br />Keesa
phpbb
Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Return to Open Board