1/tina

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.

What should be done?

Romp her, then leave her
9%
Let her carry on
27%
Inform her [crazed] father of her doings
No votes
Attempt to set her straight
36%
whiteoctave tou cweb255idos adelphos
27%

Total votes: 11

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

1/tina

Post by Episcopus »

Last edited by Episcopus on Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yhevhe
Textkit Fan

Post by Yhevhe »

1) Your stories are always interesting, simple, but weird. I always get a good time reading them and trying to understand heh.

2) What you did was a little bit cruel, yeah... Don't espect her to be nice for that. Pride can be strong from both sides, but the most noble of you two will eventually give up... You could apologize (even if she has the main fault, you've got some fault too), seat her down and have a serious talk, tell her that you worry for her, tell her to stop being a... that, but that's it. She won't get any more from you... at least 'till she changes in he inside and kills off that ignorance and stupidity she has (that is, to become what you knew, or thought you knew, before you dumped her).

3) If my reply has no sense, or it's incredibly stupid, just forget about it. :oops: :lol:

Cyborg
Textkit Member

Post by Cyborg »

I honestly think you two should seat down in a calm place and have a serious talk, just like Yhevhe said. You should tell her you care about her, and if I were you I'd say to her the last part of your first post (talk about how she was before and how those were great things about her and that she shouldn't let her feelings get in the way of her life and dreams). Tell her that even though you care about her and how she shouldn't have changed that much just because of a break-up, you are not jealous and she's only attacking herself when throwing herself to boys. Emphasize her qualities and your worries but don't bring up the break-up. Only talk about the present, recur to the past only to bring her best side.

psilord
Textkit Member

Post by psilord »

If I understand correctly, you got involved with a mentally handicapped person, got tired of not being able to relate to her properly, and then cruelly made fun of her problems while breaking up with her?

That's kinda, um, sociopathic.

I guess the only redeeming factor is that you care that she is currently destroying herself because of the influence you had on her current condition.

I suspect your betrayal of trust in her and her ability to function (as a human being) is so severe as to render even friendship impossible. From your explanation of how your words have seriously damaged her psyche, I'd say that if you do that to another person knowing what the consequences most likely would be, you probably have some sort of personality disorder.

But what the hell do I know. My life is all about careful ordering of magnetic fields into long rows on drive platters. I'm not a psychologist.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Last edited by Episcopus on Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yhevhe
Textkit Fan

Post by Yhevhe »

Sorry if what whe told you was a disaster...

I guess I would then leave her to be, and 20 years latter when you see her in the street begging for a piece of old rotten cheese, look at her from above with that almighty-god's-eyes-who-know's-it-all, and make her feel bad. Then she'll think "I did wrong".

Cyborg
Textkit Member

Post by Cyborg »

Episcopus wrote:She is either very angry or has for some reason changed. Which is it?
ambo.

Kopio
Global Moderator

Post by Kopio »

Wow Epi....I don't know what to say. Aside from all the talk about pectorals and throwing other things around......I'm quite touched. You really honestly let us have a look at your life. I have tried to forget how troublesome my teenage years were. I had a gal that I was very in love with when I was your age (17 or so), that I wanted to be with forever. She ended up finding another chap she liked a little more, and kinda had him going on the side for a while before I found out (ouch and :evil: ). The breakup that ensued was very hurtful and mean, so much so that her father said "that boy comes around again and I'm getting out my shotgun" (he was from Texas), I didn't lay a hand on her, but I tried as best I could to tear her heart out, since that was what she had done to me. She stalked me for a little while after that (it was kinda freaky and annoying) I moved 50 miles away, and she'd still show up where I was at. Finally she got the idea, and (most thankfully of all) I met my beautiful wife, fell madly in love with her, and lived happily ever after. That's my teenage heartache story....as for you....

If you honestly care about this young lady (and I believe you do, albeit not romantically anymore), I think you should write her an e-mail, or a note. Knock off all the pretensions, snotty, posturing, and tell her that you think she has so much more going for her than simply being someone's knockaround wench. That's what I'd do if I were you.

I'd also like to try and give you a bit of advice that my father gave me when I was a young man. Never play hurtful games with women. Never tell them they're ugly, or fat, or stupid, because words can truly hurt, and they can never be "unspoken". My wife's first marriage ended because of harsh words between her and her ex-husband. It literally took her years to regain her self-respect, self-image, and self-confidence. The amazing thing was that she was a beautiful, poised, intelligent woman, who had simply been told she was a piece of sh*t so long that she began believing it.

Hope this helps. I feel ya my friend.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Last edited by Episcopus on Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cyborg
Textkit Member

Post by Cyborg »

It's a shame it turned out that way, Episcope.
Are you planning to do something about it now?
I don't know how else could you try to help her...