FINALLY!!!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Raya
Textkit Fan

FINALLY!!!

Post by Raya »

So *this* is where you Latinists and... uh... non-barbaroi (?) hang out! Hehehe... you see, most Classics forums I find are:<br /><br />[1] inactive<br />[2] give no opportunity for more *social* posting<br />[3] both of the above<br /><br />My story otherwise: I'm an 18-year-old living in Mauritius (don't ask where I come from originally - loooooong story :P) who has never had the opportunity to study the Classics at school and now finds that she cannot apply to the UK university courses she likes for lack of an A-level-or-equivalent in Latin or Greek! So - here I am, on a gap year, attempting to teach myself classical Greek (can't find a tutor in Mauritius) so that I can sit IB exams in May 2004... I just don't give up, huh? ;D<br /><br />Actually, the hardest part of it is not so much the work itself, but not being able to share with anyone - for instance - the joy of being able to write a sentence in ancient Greek, or read a few lines of Sophocles in the original. So I'm really glad I found these forums!<br /><br />Theatre is my other love, and my other gap-year project is to produce 'Lysistrata' locally - translated into Kreol (the local language)! This should be fun...<br /><br />Anyway - look forward to hearing from you all! ;)

Pete
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Pete »

So *this* is where you Latinists and... uh... non-barbaroi (?) hang out! Hehehe... you see, most Classics forums I find are:
Wouldn't the privative in Greek be an alpha?

yadfothgildloc
Textkit Member

Post by yadfothgildloc »

I think non-barbaroi are "Hellenists."

What a woman she must've been..
(/apologizomai.)