A linka linka link

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

A linka linka link

Post by bingley »

Might I suggest a thread just for posting links to sites or pages we've found useful or simply interesting in our studies?<br /><br />Ideally such a thread would consist of mainly the links and brief notes on why the link-er (poster?) found it interesting or useful rather than endless "I thought it was great" v. "I thought it was dreadful" discussions.<br /><br />The links might be to language sites, dictionaries, texts, or cultural information. <br /><br />People have already made recommendations, but they are scattered all over the board. It would be nice to have them in one place so that we can browse quickly to find a link on whatever subject we need at the moment. <br /><br />If people think this would be a good idea, perhaps the best place to have it would be the open board to avoid duplication, as I imagine a lot of sites we'd be interested in would have something for both the Latinists and Hellenists among us.

vinobrien
Textkit Member

Re:A linka linka link

Post by vinobrien »

Good idea. I have a collection of recommendations saved in my Favourites file that have come from this site.

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

there is also the "learning links" page:<br />http://www.textkit.com/links.php<br /><br />where you can submit links to outside resouces as well.<br /><br />Submitting links in the forum is a good idea too.<br /><br />Did you want a new thread or a new board?<br /><br />
Textkit Founder

vinobrien
Textkit Member

Post by vinobrien »

A thread would get lost in time. We should try a board and to start off, could someone help me navigate the Chicago Homer Project? Perseus? Now I'm officially an Enthusiast... 8)

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Textkit Founder