Bono's Missing Lyrics

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Bono's Missing Lyrics

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Any U2 fans around. Just heard that Bono's missing lyrics from October (1981) have been returned. I have been lamenting the lost lyrics since about '86, never thought they would show up.

I hope they use them for a few new singles.

jeff
Textkit Founder

William
Textkit Fan

Post by William »

I must have missed this post earlier.

Jeff, my feeling is that Bono became a better writer as time went on. I consider a lot of their early material to be good because of the brilliance and power of their music rather than the words. I always felt, for instance, that the words to a song like "Two Hearts Beat As One" were a bit saccharine for my tastes. But the music and delivery were so good.

I would argue that Bono really started to write his most intelligent and interesting lyrics around the time of Achtung Baby. It was on that album that I felt drawn to the words of U2 for the first time.

I don't expect a lot from those notebooks. I would bet there isn't too much there compared to his later efforts.

Just one man's opinion.

Nite.

William

Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Milito »

I thought that the lyrics reappearing was a rather interesting event. I'd be interested to hear what BONO thinks of their quality after all this time, though!

Kilmeny

cweb255
Textkit Fan

Post by cweb255 »

Joshua Tree is by far the most moving and my personal favorite among U2 albums.