Salvete

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
jeltzz
Textkit Neophyte

Salvete

Post by jeltzz »

Hi, just thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm a full time theological student, and in my spare time I'm studying 2nd year college latin. Really encouraged by the way this site is growing and developing, and now that I have some more permanent net access, thought I'd sign up and get involved some.

Turpissimus
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Turpissimus »

Salvete.

Dubito an tua latinitas profectura sis; meam quidem profecit.

Spero fore ut tu inligeris.

Always nice to try out the Latin language, even if I don't feel good enough to do so in the Agora.

If you do have any queries do ask in the Latin forums. Several of us hang around there, in the hope of displaying our knowledge - or in my case displaying my ignorance. In any case, you'll get an answer from people eager to help you.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Welcome! You are lucky to be living in Australia. Unless you be an Aborigine. Do you watch the Sleepover Club? What who said that I don't. 8)

Some of the Latin in the Agora is shocking, it's all about practise. If I feel I haven't done any latin for weeks or perhaps months which is so often the case I slap down a letter of appeal which so few people be reading like :cry:

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

Welcome to Textkit! Glad you decided to sign up and introduce yourself!