Mounce New Testament

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Lex
Textkit Zealot

Mounce New Testament

Post by Lex »

Hi all. Long time, no talk, but the new job gives me much less time to spend on the 'Net...

I recently found an interlinear copy of the New Testament at a discount book store (The NIV English-Greek New Testament, ed. William D. Mounce, by Zondervan). Only after I had already purchased it did I realize it was a reverse interlinear, with the English in order, and the Greek out of order. Since I am more interested in the Greek language than in Biblical exegesis, this is not of much use to me.

Anyone interested in a trade?
I, Lex Llama, super genius, will one day rule this planet! And then you'll rue the day you messed with me, you damned dirty apes!

Geoff
Textkit Fan

Post by Geoff »

Welcome Back Llama lover.

I'd like to, but you see I've already got one.

Actually I don't have one, but something about lex makes me want to quote Monty Python. I really don't like interlinears and especially don't see the point of a reverse interlinear. I love Mounce's grammar and Morphology book, but this seems like a strange step for him. I have his new book Greek for the rest of us and I don't like it too much either.

What kind of trade do you have in mind? Something you're looking for? Greek New Testaments, I've got 'em.

Does anyone have his analytical concordance? What is it like?

If not go away or I shall have to taunt you a second time.

Lex
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lex »

Geoff wrote:What kind of trade do you have in mind? Something you're looking for? Greek New Testaments, I've got 'em.
I'm not looking for anything in particular; it doesn't have to be NT-related, even. I've been studying Homeric, when I've made time to study at all recently. I only bought the NT because it was cheap.

Oh, BTW, your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries.
I, Lex Llama, super genius, will one day rule this planet! And then you'll rue the day you messed with me, you damned dirty apes!