New teacher = horror

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
mariek
Global Moderator

Re:New teacher = horror

Post by mariek »

<br />Ah, I know exactly what you mean. It's a feature of the forum software. Some are like this one where all the messages are concatenated in order of posting, while others show you the branch structure so you can see sub-threads within a discussion. I frequent forums of both kinds so have adapted myself to using either.<br /><br />As for starting a new thread, all you would need to do is backup to the next level up by clicking on the "Open Board" link above, then click on the "New Topic" button.<br /><br />

bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Re:New teacher = horror

Post by bingley »

Another board I frequent gives users the option of viewing it in flat mode (like this -- posts in chronological order) or threaded mode, where you can see what is a reply to what. Of course some people just 'reply' to the last post in the thread whether they are replying to that or an earlier one, but by and large it works well.