Hello...

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Amaranta
Textkit Neophyte

Hello...

Post by Amaranta »

Hi everyone!

I'm a high school student, and I've been wanting to learn Latin for a while, but haven't actually started till now. Just thought I'd stop in and introduce myself. :)

ricelius
Textkit Neophyte

Post by ricelius »

Salve!

How do you like Latin so far? How far have you gotten? I hope you'll agree it's an amazing language :)

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

Welcome here! And kudos for attempting the language on your own. Be sure to ask any questions you might have in the Latin forum.
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

Amy
Textkit Fan

Post by Amy »

salve! Latin in high school is great especially if your mind is immature like mine, cause it's easier remembering forms and endings than when you get old. Remember to practice every day and try to find ways to motivate yourself. I've started French, Greek, Arabic, Russian, guitar, and Buddhism, all of which lasted <2 days. Good luck!!

Amaranta
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Amaranta »

Thanks for the welcome!

I really haven't gotten too far yet. I'm using D'Ooge's Latin For Beginners, and I've gotten to... let's see... page 15, which is singular/plural verb endings and agreement.

Yes, it is a fascinating language! I hope I don't give up on it yet... Amy, I'll have to think of a good motivation :)

eris
Textkit Member

Post by eris »

Amaranta wrote: Amy, I'll have to think of a good motivation :)
Reading Vergil's Aeneid is motivation enough for me :) Hope you find something that will inspire & keep you motivated. Your efforts will be rewarded. Oh, and before I forget....welcome to textkit! :)

mariek
Global Moderator

Re: Hello...

Post by mariek »

Hi Amarantha,

Welcome to Textkit! You've picked a great book for learning Latin. Don't forget to check out the Latin for Beginners forum where you can ask questions or peruse previous posts about that book. There's also an answer key available for download.