Other languages?

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
chiron2b
Textkit Neophyte

Other languages?

Post by chiron2b »

I was just wondering if any of the language-lovers out there might also have an interest in German, and perhaps know of a good German grammar to learn from, akin to JWW's First Greek Book, or North & Hillards Greek Prose Composition. Thanks.

xn
Textkit Neophyte

Re: German grammar

Post by xn »

I really liked the Teach Yourself German book, the Oxford-DUDEN pocket grammar, and the Oxford-DUDEN dictionaries (I have the pocket and the “full” editions). I found that the two “pocket” books were quite useful in pursuing genealogical research while travelling.

xn

Lex
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lex »

Somewhere in an old post, I think I linked to an online German tutorial that I found. You'd have to do a search for it here on textkit.
I, Lex Llama, super genius, will one day rule this planet! And then you'll rue the day you messed with me, you damned dirty apes!

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

Hmmmm...

Could it have been this post?
viewtopic.php?p=8365&highlight=german+tutorial#8365

Lex
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lex »

mariek wrote:
Hmmmm...

Could it have been this post?
viewtopic.php?p=8365&highlight=german+tutorial#8365
Why yes, I do believe it could. :wink:
I, Lex Llama, super genius, will one day rule this planet! And then you'll rue the day you messed with me, you damned dirty apes!