Textkit Logo

regarding movies employing the Latin language

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.

regarding movies employing the Latin language

Postby dlp » Wed May 12, 2004 1:20 pm

Many years ago I saw a movie that was scripted completely in Latin, but I cannot recall the movie title. In fact, it was so long ago that I can't even remember what it was about. It must have been made in the 1970s, I'm pretty sure I saw it during that decade.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows of any database listing movies that use Latin in the dialog. I'm interested in pedagogical films as well as features. Any lists anywhere ?

Salvete !

dp

"Quaero mihi similes et adiungor pravis"
dlp
Textkit Neophyte

Re: regarding movies employing the Latin language

Postby Barrius » Wed May 12, 2004 2:59 pm

dlp wrote:Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows of any database listing movies that use Latin in the dialog. I'm interested in pedagogical films as well as features. Any lists anywhere ?

I found this, maybe it will help. http://us.imdb.com/List?tv=on&&language=Latin&&nav=/Sections/Languages/Latin/include-titles&&heading=10;Latin
Barrius
Textkit Member

thanks Barrius !

Postby dlp » Sat May 15, 2004 1:47 pm

Great, that's just what I was looking for, thank you !

The film I was trying to remember is "Sebastiane". I had been studying Latin for only a few years when it came out in 1976, and I think I saw it somewhere in Cleveland, possibly on the CWRU campus where I lived at the time. I'd certainly like to see it again.

Thanks again for the tip !
dlp
Textkit Neophyte

Re: thanks Barrius !

Postby Barrius » Mon May 17, 2004 1:22 pm

dlp wrote:Great, that's just what I was looking for, thank you !

The film I was trying to remember is "Sebastiane". I had been studying Latin for only a few years when it came out in 1976, and I think I saw it somewhere in Cleveland, possibly on the CWRU campus where I lived at the time. I'd certainly like to see it again.

Thanks again for the tip !

You are quite welcome - I am glad that it jogged your memory. Give me a year or two to learn Latin & then I can watch it with enjoyment :lol:
Barrius
Textkit Member

Return to Open Board