Hello everyone

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Democritus
Textkit Fan

Hello everyone

Post by Democritus »

Hello everyone, I am a newcomer, just registered a few days ago.

This is a great board you folks have here. The participants seem to be a mix of very experienced people and new learners too. I think this kind of mixing is good for everyone.

I also like the fact that board hosts philosophical and mathematical discussions, along with the posts on grammatical and textual topics.

I studied Latin and Greek in high school and college and used to know the languages very well, but in the meantime I moved on to other pursuits. I have forgotten a great deal.

Recently I've been trying reawaken the old memories. I've been looking through my old Greek and Latin books and discovering all the new Internet resources for the Classics. (We didn't have the Internet back when I was studying Greek, heh.)

Anyway, good luck to everyone in their learning! I will be reading the posts now and then and contributing when I can.

Barrius
Textkit Member

Re: Hello everyone

Post by Barrius »

Democritus wrote:This is a great board you folks have here. The participants seem to be a mix of very experienced people and new learners too. I think this kind of mixing is good for everyone.
Salve Democritus! Even though I'm new, they still let me greet people :lol:

I WISH I had studied Latin & Greek in school, but it had long disappeared from our school system.

At least having the site on the internet helps, most beneficial was being able to review/download grammars for free - it helped me to decide which ones to pick. And the comments posted on site helped a lot as well. I've found everyone cherrful and kind, and more than willing to help with learning.

JuliaP
Textkit Neophyte

Post by JuliaP »

Welcome, Democritus. :mrgreen:

threewood14
Textkit Fan

Post by threewood14 »

Es gravus

annis
Textkit Zealot

Post by annis »

Democritus wrote:Hello everyone, I am a newcomer, just registered a few days ago.
Welcome!
Recently I've been trying reawaken the old memories. I've been looking through my old Greek and Latin books and discovering all the new Internet resources for the Classics.
You kept your textkbooks? What texts did you use for the introductory classes?
William S. Annis — http://www.aoidoi.org/http://www.scholiastae.org/
τίς πατέρ' αἰνήσει εἰ μὴ κακοδαίμονες υἱοί;

Kopio
Global Moderator

Post by Kopio »

Xairein!! This is a great forum, with some great people, who have a lot of knowledge and just the right mix of humor (or humour for those of you outside the US)

Democritus
Textkit Fan

Post by Democritus »

annis wrote: You kept your textkbooks? What texts did you use for the introductory classes?
For Greek we used Crosby and Schaeffer, for Latin we used a book called "Our Latin Heritage." Don't remember the author.