May I introduce myself?

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Skylax
Textkit Enthusiast

May I introduce myself?

Post by Skylax »

Skylax omnibus salutem plurimam dicit.<br /><br />As you see, what matters in my case is the use of the English language. But it is an opportunity for me to train a little and for you to exercise skills in linguistic deciphering.<br /><br />As a former Greek and Latin teacher, I spend years teaching rudiments of both languages to French-speaking children in Liege, in the French-speaking part of Belgium. Now I'm retired, living in a green landscape where the Dutch come to spend their holidays.<br /><br />My only acquaintance with English is from reading aviation books and magazines. The foreign languages I've learned at school are German and Dutch. I can also (painfully) read Italian, Spanish and Russian.<br /><br />I've always loved the classical studies, for many reasons I could hardly explain in English. But first of all, I find it refreshing. A kind of sugar-free Coca-Cola.<br /><br />That's why I find Textkit a very interesting site.<br /><br />Curate etiam et etiam ut valeatis.<br />Fernand<br /><br />

GlottalGreekGeek
Textkit Zealot

Post by GlottalGreekGeek »

¿Has Textkit improved you English proficiency?

Skylax
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Skylax »

GlottalGreekGeek wrote:¿Has Textkit improved you English proficiency?
Yes, it has, inasmuch it is still possible for an old guy who never learned English formally. :?

Hammurabi
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Hammurabi »

salut Skylax!

It is nice knowing about you!... and by the why you have an excellent english.

Well, I've never been been a languages teacher :oops: well.. in fact I teach physics and mathematics in a lycée
but I offer my self to help you learn spanish if you want...

that will my my payment to the punishments I offer you with my dog greek writting!! :D :oops: :lol:

Actually I just wanned to say thank you for all the help you have gave me!
I'll be living in France by the end of this year maybe I'll be able to go around and say hi.

:shock: :shock: