Hello, I 'm new here^^

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
prayingkid
Textkit Neophyte

Hello, I 'm new here^^

Post by prayingkid »

Hello everyone~~
I'm from Beijing, China, and I'm going to study for my master's degree in UK soon. My sinology professor always suggest me to learn Latin, but I have few time and there was no Latin class for new learners in Beijing until recent. I will have my first Latin class next Wednesday!
Happy Birthday to all!

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Welcome! Happy birthday to you too! Latin is a great language, I hope you enjoy your class.
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

solitario
Textkit Neophyte

Post by solitario »

Hello prayingkid, and welcome to textkit!
Good luck with the Latin.
Happy birthday.;)

mariek
Global Moderator

Re: Hello, I 'm new here^^

Post by mariek »

Hi PrayingKid! Welcome to Textkit. You must be so excited about your Latin class, I hope you enjoy it. Don't forget to check out some of the Latin downloads on this site, you can use them to supplement your class study. Good luck!

meta
Textkit Neophyte

Post by meta »

Nice to meet you. :D (what's the equivalent of lao xiang in English?)

Would u please tell me where do you have Latin class in Beijing?

PeterD
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by PeterD »

Welcome aboard.

Don't forget Greek. :)
Fanatical ranting is not just fine because it's eloquent. What if I ranted for the extermination of a people in an eloquent manner, would that make it fine? Rather, ranting, be it fanatical or otherwise, is fine if what is said is true and just. ---PeterD, in reply to IreneY and Annis

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

meta wrote:Nice to meet you. :D (what's the equivalent of lao xiang in English?)
(Browsing CEDICT ...) I think fellow countryman would do.

Welcome, PrayingKid!

prayingkid
Textkit Neophyte

Post by prayingkid »

Thanks everybody for your warm welcom~~ :D
I can't wait to have the class tomorrow!
and Meta, I have the class in People's University. But they said that in Peking University, the latin class in English Department is better, though it can't fit my schedule. You may come to join it if you have time:)

meta
Textkit Neophyte

Post by meta »

What a small world! My home is very near to Renmin Univ. I only know Peking University has Lain course before. That's a good news.But I'm afraid I have no time to attend that class.Anyhow we can have a talk. :wink:

MSN: glyptostrobus@hotmail.com