Introduction

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Optimist
Textkit Neophyte

Introduction

Post by Optimist »

Good evening, everyone.

Thank you all for being here. I am delighted to have discovered Textkit.

I live in New York City, and I am a writer. I own a very busy business, but I love Latin, and I love to read.

My last Latin classes ended many decades ago. I would review Latin on and off over the past several years, using Wheelock, working at it for a while, then stopping for a while and, of course, forgetting a lot. It frustrated me that I did not have answers to all of the exercises, and I missed having the support of other people.

Now that I have found Textkit, I intend to spend no less that five hours a week on Wheelock, plus time learning the vocabulary from flashcards. I think the boards will give me a lot of support. I am looking forward to studying Latin with Textkit, and with all of you.

Best wishes,

Optimist

phil
Textkit Fan

Post by phil »

Hi, glad you found us! I hope you find the resources and forum members as helpful as I have during my Wheelock study. Do feel free to post your questions here - there's plenty of help at hand.
Phil

solitario
Textkit Neophyte

Post by solitario »

SALVE!
Hello & welcome to textkit, optimist. And good luck with the Latin.
VALE BENE!

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Welcome! If you have any questions concerning the book or answer key, feel free to post in the Wheelock forum... where Phil and I and our many comrades will race to see who can answer your question the fastest ;)
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

mariek
Global Moderator

Re: Introduction

Post by mariek »

Hi Optimist! Welcome to Textkit! You have definitely come to the right place to learn Latin! Don't forget to check out the Wheelock forum.

phil
Textkit Fan

Post by phil »

If you've been studying for decades, what edition of Wheelock do you have? It would be interesting to see how it's changed since the sixties.
benissimus wrote:Welcome! If you have any questions concerning the book or answer key, feel free to post in the Wheelock forum... where Phil and I and our many comrades will race to see who can answer your question the fastest ;)
Yep, And my longitude gives me a four hour head start!

Optimist
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Optimist »

Thanks, everyone.

I have reviewed Chapter 1 now, and I'm on my way.

Thanks, again, for your wonderful welcome.

See you on the Wheelock board.

All the best,

Optimist

Alundis
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Alundis »

Be sure to check out Dale Grote's notes on Wheelock here: http://www3.uncc.edu/classics/Wheelock/default.htm

What kind of business do you run? I love New York, and I'm looking for a job there at the moment ;p