Textkit Logo

is there a list of books you already have jeff?

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.

Moderators: thesaurus, Jeff Tirey

is there a list of books you already have jeff?

Postby chad » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:21 am

maybe a running poll of books on your bookshelf which aren't already scanned?

i'd really really like sidgwick's greek verse composition if you have it. there isn't anything like that on the net at the moment, unlike grammars, prose compositions, commentated texts, &c. and u just can't get that in bookstores around here...

i'm hoping that if sidgwick's prose composition is public domain, then so is his verse composition... :)

cheers, chad. :)
chad
Textkit Zealot

Postby Jeff Tirey » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:59 am

Hi Chad,

Sidgwick's Greek Prose Composition is the next Greek book that'll be posted - a classic.

I need to find the time to type in all the yet to be posted books. There's I would say 40 or so of them.

thanks,
jeff
Textkit Founder
Jeff Tirey
Administrator
Administrator

Postby chad » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:04 am

hi jeff, yes i personally find the 100 pages of notes on greek in sidgwick's prose composition the best overview of greek syntax and idiom out there... it's actually readable... far better than reading a grammar cover to cover :)

can i ask if you have his verse composition in your collection?

thanks, chad. :)
chad
Textkit Zealot

Postby Jeff Tirey » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:22 pm

Hi Chad,

I agree completely, it's almost 'pleasant reading.' It's a book a like to slip into my pocket when heading to a doctor's appointment. Also, I think Sidgwick, above all other Greek textbook authors, writes with great clarity and in a way that's very beginner friendly.

I don't yet have Verse Composition - but it's coming shortly. The key was mailed in from Australia.

Have you seen his First Greek Writer? Another great textbook.
Textkit Founder
Jeff Tirey
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Open Board