Click here and win a great prize.

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Reemas
Textkit Neophyte

Click here and win a great prize.

Post by Reemas »

:)

Hello from a wet London.

I'm here to learn how to read old school. Well in this case very, very, very old
school, I think the people in these parts call it Latin. Where I live people would call it "What was that" :lol:

Anyway I'm interested in learning latin, for the same reason that we get up each day; not because it is easy but it is a challange to see how far we can go.

Oh, the prize, well, you win my thoughts. I told you it was a great prize. :D

Raya
Textkit Fan

Post by Raya »

Welcome Reemas!

Be sure to check out the Latin boards at the forums, and the Learn Latin and Tutorials links above. And, if you have the courage, try your luck at posting in Latin at the Agora!

(I'm afraid I'm one of those who does Greek and not Latin. Who needs ablatives anyway? :P)

I notice you've already discovered The Academy... ;)

If you have any trouble with the forums, let us know: I (or any of the other moderators) would be happy to help.

All the best,
~(* Raya

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

Welcome here!

I envy your residence in London--not for London's sake, but for all of the wonderful book stores and other treasures to be found there.
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

mariek
Global Moderator

Re: Click here and win a great prize.

Post by mariek »

Hi Reemas! Thanks for posting such a witty intro. You've come to the right place for learning Latin. You'll find plenty of downloadable grammars and readers here, just click on the "Learn Latin" link above. Post any questions you have on the forums. Good luck, and welcome to Textkit!

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Watch out for the Turks and Albanians there in London :wink:

Not sure I liked that anticlimax I thought I would win a round the world trip with Stephen Hawking and Benjamin L. D'Ooge or something Latin related.

Quant aux ablatifs, as they say, who needs genitives that go with verbs like beat?