brand spanking new ;)

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
bourbon vanilla
Textkit Neophyte

brand spanking new ;)

Post by bourbon vanilla »

hey ya'll :)

i never know how to introduce myself, but felt the urge (Sticky induced et. all) to do so. at the current moment i'm still perfecting my greek, my main passion, whilst plodding along (slowly) with the latin at university, and hopefully (everything is crossed :wink: ) i will follow up with a Masters in the ancient tongue and do some insightful research, and earn my Doctorate.

this sight is awesome, but i wish it was *more* active like a real life Agora, because after all what is more interesting than discussing the classical languages! :D

i hope to be an active participant...that is all for now!

Ulpianus
Textkit Member

Post by Ulpianus »

It seems presumption for one who has been here hardly longer than you to welcome you, but welcome nonetheless. I hope you add to the agoric quality (if there is such a word).

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

welcome here!

are you telling us that your greek is nigh-perfect? :)
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

bourbon vanilla
Textkit Neophyte

thanks for the welcome peeps, it's nice to feel accepted :)

Ulpianus - do you study in London, or just play? ;)
are you telling us that your greek is nigh-perfect? :)
ha! if only, but it *will* once the version of Harry Potter is published! in all seriousness, i'm learning from this site and i have lots of questions (feeling quite embarassed to ask such basic ones at that :oops:) [/b]

Ulpianus
Textkit Member

Post by Ulpianus »

Ulpianus - do you study in London, or just play?
I work and live. (Hopefully not in that order.) My studying days are long past.

bourbon vanilla
Textkit Neophyte

'work' did not even occur to me ;) my apologies...

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Asif you are about to obtain a doctorate.

bourbon vanilla
Textkit Neophyte

what is that supposed to mean?

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

bourbon vanilla wrote:ha! if only, but it *will* once the version of Harry Potter is published! in all seriousness, i'm learning from this site and i have lots of questions (feeling quite embarassed to ask such basic ones at that :oops:) [/b]
I think it will be really fun to have both the latin and greek harry potter once they are both out.

don't ever feel embarassed about questions that you ask here! we are all at different levels and there will always be people who are less advanced (and more advanced) than each of us. no worries. :)
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

bourbon vanilla
Textkit Neophyte

thanks kwelis! that's comforting to know :)

but what do you mean, the latin version is available *scratches head*...sigh, if only *that* was my official textbook :wink:

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

bourbon vanilla wrote:thanks kwelis! that's comforting to know :)

but what do you mean, the latin version is available *scratches head*...sigh, if only *that* was my official textbook :wink:
yes, of course it is. but the greek isn't yet, and i want them both.

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

klewlis wrote:yes, of course it is. but the greek isn't yet, and i want them both.

Oh... for some reason I thought it was already released. Guess we'll just have to keep pinging Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 43-4340909). They sometimes mention a future date for release for stuff coming down the pike, but I don't see one for this book. Guess they're nowhere near completion. :?

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

mariek wrote: (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 43-4340909). They sometimes mention a future date for release for stuff coming down the pike, but I don't see one for this book. Guess they're nowhere near completion. :?
They do have the "future" publication date. Look closely at the Product Details --> Publisher ;)