Hello!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
K4JC624
Textkit Neophyte

Hello!

Post by K4JC624 »

I'm new here, just thought I'd introduce myself! I'm trying to learn Koine (NT) Greek and Latin both, so reccommendations on texts for NT Greek study would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and I already have D'ooge's text for Latin, so I'm working on that. I have a little experience with Greek, and none with Latin (just started today.) Hope to hear from all of you guys soon!

Kyle

phil
Textkit Fan

Post by phil »

Welcome to Textkit, Kyle. You'll find plenty of people here willing to help you with your studies. D'ooge's is very popular, so you'll find it easy to get help if you get stuck on anything.
Cheers,
Phil

solitario
Textkit Neophyte

Post by solitario »

Hello and welcome to textkit!
I'm just now beginning my Latin studies. In a year or two I think I'll tackle Greek.
VALE BENE!

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

Welcome to Textkit Kyle!! :D

Dillman
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Dillman »

Hello

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Welcome, Kyle! Textkit is a great place for studying Latin or Greek, or both. Never be afraid to ask questions! There's always someone lurking around here who can help.

I like your username, by the way. :D

Keesa

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Congratulations for using the best Latin book! I give you wishes of good luck therefore!

Geoff
Textkit Fan

Greek

Post by Geoff »

Greetings Kyle,

I think William Mounce's book "Basics of Biblical Greek" is the best Koine text (Especially for the self-taught). If you purchase it using the link through textkit, the website gets some sort of credit. The Text by Samuel Green is available for free here at textkit and it is quite good too. It goes along with Mounce Remarkably well.

Geoff

klewlis
Global Moderator

Re: Greek

Post by klewlis »

Geoff wrote:Greetings Kyle,

I think William Mounce's book "Basics of Biblical Greek" is the best Koine text (Especially for the self-taught). If you purchase it using the link through textkit, the website gets some sort of credit. The Text by Samuel Green is available for free here at textkit and it is quite good too. It goes along with Mounce Remarkably well.

Geoff
Mounce does seem to be the favourite these days. The current editions also come with a cd-rom which I hear is very helpful.
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

[size=150]χαίρε[/size] and Salve!
May the [size=150]φῶς[/size] be with you in your study!

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

mingshey wrote:[size=150]χαίρε[/size] and Salve!
May the [size=150]φῶς[/size] be with you in your study!
lol. did you mean to make that sound like star wars, or was that an accident? :)
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

klewlis wrote:lol. did you mean to make that sound like star wars, or was that an accident? :)
Of course I had "may the force be with you" in mind. There is a software engineer's version, too: "May the source be with you", -- this is not my idea, however. ;)