Textkit Logo

Greek and Latin Keys - they're here!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.

Moderators: thesaurus, Jeff Tirey

Greek and Latin Keys - they're here!

Postby Jeff Tirey » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:57 pm

Hello Everyone:

I can't tell you how happy I was when checking the mail today. A package from Australia arrived containing Sidgwick's Greek Prose Composition Key and North and Hillard's Latin Prose Composition Key - both public domain copies. They were photocopied and sent in by a VERY kind Textkit visitor.

It goes without saying that I'll get these scanned and cleaned right away.

I also received via email today a scanned PDF of Virgil!! It's one of those nice Elementary Classics editions with line notes and vocabulary.

I would like to thank everyone who has sent in material in the past and helped out on Textkit in other ways. Our next newsletter edition will feature the efforts of all the volunteers.

I'm so happy to see that Textkit is very much becoming a group effort. I have always held the notion that if I can initially work hard enough on this project, then others will join me.

Today's package, along with everyone else's help and time, is proof that this is working.

thanks again!

jeff
Last edited by Jeff Tirey on Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Textkit Founder
Jeff Tirey
Administrator
Administrator

Postby mingshey » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:18 am

:D :D :D
Wonderful!
Though I'm not working on Sidgwick now, it's a relief to have the keys for the last resort in case I start at it.

Seeing the growth of TextKit is pleasing, as well.
mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Re: Greek and Latin Keys - they're here!

Postby mariek » Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:21 am

Cool beans! I'm sure a lot of people are happy to hear this.

This makes me think of something I saw on a t-shirt once: TEAM = together everyone achieves more. :D
mariek
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby tdominus » Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:33 am

Wow, excellent news. :)
tdominus
Textkit Member

Postby Keesa » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:34 pm

Wonderful, Jeff!!
phpbb
Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Re: Greek and Latin Keys - they're here!

Postby tdominus » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:08 pm

jeff wrote:I'm so happy to see that Textkit is very much becoming a group effort. I have always held the notion that if I can initially work hard enough on this project, then others will join me.

Yeah, I think that's the best approach for doing such things on the internet. It's certainly what happens with Open-source software, from my point of view.
As an aside I'm hoping that this approach will work for me when my workout software is released. :)
tdominus
Textkit Member

Return to Open Board