Textkit Logo

Latin and Greek Grammars 19th Century

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.

Moderators: thesaurus, Jeff Tirey

Latin and Greek Grammars 19th Century

Postby waraysa » Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:37 pm

For Textkit enthusiasts who like to look at old grammars/texts, the site below provides access to :

Instruction in Latin (1875)
Harpers Latin Dictionary (1891)
Writing in Latin(1876)
Grieschische Schulgrammatik (1897)
Greek Lexicon (1826)

http://tabula.rutgers.edu/latintexts/grammar/
waraysa
Textkit Neophyte

Postby benissimus » Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:41 pm

Where do I get the program to open .djvu files? I remember hearing something about this file type awhile ago...
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae
benissimus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 1%homeless » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:55 pm

click the button on the bottom where it says download plug-in. ;) (under the greek lexicon link)

Also, to save it to your hard drive, click the upper left floppy disk icon. I save my files as bundled. I wonder... there might be a way to change this format as pdfs.
1%homeless
Textkit Enthusiast

Postby mingshey » Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:23 am

The LizardTech had djvu to pdf converting tool. but they think pdf format one of their greatest rival. So their conversion tool makes too large a pdf than is necessary.
And see http://amazingforums.com/forum/PLANETDJVU/115.html

I tested with Allen and Greenough's Instruction in Latin. It's 2.52MB in djvu. when I printed this into PDF(with a PDF print driver) it is inflated up to 6.71MB. This book is 142 pages, And this size is similar to Benette's "A Latin Grammar", in PDF, 289 pages, 6.88MB.
mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Return to Open Board