Latin DVDs?

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
solitario
Textkit Neophyte

Latin DVDs?

Post by solitario »

Has anyone ever dubbed over a movie in Latin?
Have any movies ever been filmed in Latin?
I have books and audio clips, so I can read and listen. But I think watching people do things in Latin could really help.
Anyone know? Thanks.

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

the only one I know of is Mel Gibson's Passion, and I think that only contains bits and pieces.
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

So does The Last Crusade. :lol: But ONly bits and pieces.

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

They always pronounce it as Italian when they do :( And Solitario, I just noticed your signature, tu instigator Image
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

haha have you seen how bad the guy says "ecce homo", he doesn't even aspirate the "o" as "h" in latin makes. "E-che?!" Bad habits...bad habits...

Viva Voce is the best. I read like that guy.

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

I think he's using ecclesiastical pronunciation...
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

chad
Textkit Zealot

Post by chad »

so many people speak latin (and classical greek) as if they're reading out the bible from the pulpit, which is ridiculous when they're reading something like catullus...

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

chad wrote:so many people speak latin (and classical greek) as if they're reading out the bible from the pulpit, which is ridiculous when they're reading something like catullus...
:lol:

I'm not sure what I sound like when I'm reading Latin (nor am I certain that I want to know), but whatever it is, it isn't a preacher in a pulpit...try, "intoxicated monkey." Or is that too coherent? "Sputtering outboard motor"? "Random conglomeration of the strangest vocal sounds known to be produced by man"?

Anyway...I'm working on improving it.

:wink:

Kalailan
Textkit Member

Post by Kalailan »

keesa wrote: Random conglomeration of the strangest vocal sounds known to be produced by man"?
:lol: