Hi from MN!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
mnmom
Textkit Neophyte

Hi from MN!

Post by mnmom »

Hello! I am registering here because I have a 7 year old son who wants to learn ancient greek. He loves mythology and reads his d'aulaires greek mythology almost daily. It all started when his first grade class did a unit on ancient greece for two weeks--everybody else lost interest, but he didn't, LOL. We have started with a little bit of the alphabet and that is it. Hard to find resources that are appropriate for his age, hoping this will help.

anphph
Textkit Enthusiast

Re: Hi from MN!

Post by anphph »

Hello there! First of all let me commend you. It makes me genuinely happy to hear this.

Do you know Ancient Greek yourself? As in, can you help him by partaking in simple conversations, etc, or are you looking for resources for him to learn "by himself"?

mnmom
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Hi from MN!

Post by mnmom »

MiguelM wrote:
Do you know Ancient Greek yourself? As in, can you help him by partaking in simple conversations, etc, or are you looking for resources for him to learn "by himself"?
Unfortunately, he's a little young to do it alone--so I'll have to do it with him. Should be interesting. But why couldn't it be Latin he wants to learn--I studied it in college, and I know I've got a Wheelock's around here somewhere. LOL/