Greetings and Salutations!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Zolari
Textkit Neophyte

Greetings and Salutations!

Post by Zolari »

Hi all!

I'm Zolari (or Zollie) and I had always wanted to learn Latin but I kept putting it off as someday. I finally decided "someday" was three weeks ago when I found this site and asked myself what I was waiting for!

I started using D'ooge to see if it was something I could follow on my own and am pleased with my progress so far even though I could be a bit (ok a lot) more disciplined with a study schedule. I think I am doing as well as could be expected with a 4 year old who hovers next to me when I study and constantly wants to know what I am saying/reading. When I tell her, it launches a whole new conversation as to why the sailors are fighting, why aren't they in time out and what did the farmer's daughter cook him for dinner? (which cracks me up.) My 11 yr old, just walks by and rolls her eyes, and asks me why am I making myself do homework. So far it's been fun and entertaining to say the least.

As far as my language goals go, I would like to continue to study Latin for as long as I am able. I plan on adding Greek in at some point when I feel that I am well grounded in Latin. I've always had a love for the Classics, and possibly may return to school for my degree, but if that doesn't happen, I am still working towards my goals, hesitation free!

I look forward to meeting everyone on the forum, discussing Latin and having fun while doing it!