Salvete!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
vqp.cass
Textkit Neophyte

Salvete!

Post by vqp.cass »

I am beginning a self-paced study of Latin. I am a homeschooling mom and have high aspirations for my (two, at present: ages four and one) children's education. I have a BA in Russian, so am familiar with one inflected language already.

I am using Jenney's First Year Latin, 1990 edition; have a backup 1953 (Smith and Thompson's) edition for comparison. Also using Orberg's Lingua Latina as supplement, reinforcement.

After establishing a footing in Latin, I intend to move on to Greek, probably using Clyde Pharr's Beginner's text for Homer/Iliad. This is the same path I mean to start my kids on, early in their elementary school career.

I will ask this elsewhere as well, but, anybody off-hand know of a recording/reading of the Iliad? The same way I am finding Orberg's cd-rom with readings of chapters absolutely essential in my Latin study, I am desirous to find somewhere a clear and beautiful model to follow in pronouncing Homer.

Thanks!
Cass