Italian translation

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
cddavide
Textkit Neophyte

Italian translation

Post by cddavide »

Hi, eveyone. My name is Davide and I'm a computer programmer.My hobby is ancient literature. I'm Italian and my goal is translate to italian some Latin and Greek grammars.

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Re: Italian translation

Post by thesaurus »

cddavide wrote:Hi, eveyone. My name is Davide and I'm a computer programmer.My hobby is ancient literature. I'm Italian and my goal is translate to italian some Latin and Greek grammars.
Benvenuto, Davide! Di dove sei?

Are there particular grammars that you hope to translate?
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute

cddavide
Textkit Neophyte

Post by cddavide »

Grazie,
sono toscano, in particolare di Cecina una città sul mare in provincia di Livorno.

I've seen the second message. Are you italian? Can you speak italian? Although this isn't a problem. I want to train a little my english. So the best way is the pratice.
Yep, i'd like start with a Latin grammar: "Latin For Beginners, Benjamin L. D'Ooge". I'm new to this matter, i've seen some italian grammars, but the english are the best for teaching and for simplify complex matters.

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Post by thesaurus »

No, I'm not Italian, and my Italian is actually extremely bad. So yes, let's use English!

I think you will be able to accomplish your goal in no time. I imagine translating a grammar would be very good review of the language, because you will be forced to carefully read and rephrase every point of grammar.

I learned ancient Greek largely out of an Italian textbook (Athenaze, edited by Luigi Miraglia). Crawling through the grammatical explanations helped the language stick even more.
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute

cddavide
Textkit Neophyte

Post by cddavide »

Indeed, study on English grammar also helps me to improve my English skills.