Salvete, ecce discipulus novus

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Haroldus
Textkit Neophyte

Salvete, ecce discipulus novus

Post by Haroldus »

I am in the process of acquiring fluency in Latin with Lingua Latina by Orberg as my primary tool. I also use Rosetta Stone Lingua Latina to help expand my vocabulary. These two tools are quite different but they seem to complement each other. Lingua Latina by Orberg is harder and requires more motivation but offers better grammar instruction. Rosetta Stone is easier and expands vocabulary quicker but I have not seen any explicit grammar instruction in it so far.

I like the immersion method for language acquisition because I believe that method is the only way to become fluent in a language.

I am really confused about the sounds of some vowels in Latin, so I will be posting pronunciation questions later.

Valete,
Haroldus

Smythe
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Salvete, ecce discipulus novus

Post by Smythe »

Rock on, Haroldus.

That's a pretty cool approach. I hope it works out for you. I'm also hammering away at Lingua Latina. I tried the Rosetta Stone demo, and decided that I didn't want to use that as my primary tool. I don't know that I have time enough to combine them both.

-smythe