New Member Introduction

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
CarmentaLatin
Textkit Neophyte

New Member Introduction

Post by CarmentaLatin »

I am a longtime student of Latin, with a B.A. in Latin from Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. I am currently teaching Latin classes online using Collins' "Primer of Ecclesiastical Latin," Orberg's "Lingua Latina," and Traupman's "Conversational Latin for Oral Proficiency."

I have also studied a certain amount of Greek, but I haven't gotten much past the introductory textbooks. I have used Hansen and Quinn's "Greek: An Intensive Course" and Pharr's "Homeric Greek." I haven't spent much time on Greek for several years, but I am looking now to pick it up again.

--Andrew

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Re: New Member Introduction

Post by thesaurus »

Nice to have you here!

Laetor tuo adventu!
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute

Smythe
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Smythe »

CarmentaLatin wrote:I am a longtime student of Latin, with a B.A. in Latin from Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. I am currently teaching Latin classes online using Collins' "Primer of Ecclesiastical Latin," Orberg's "Lingua Latina," and Traupman's "Conversational Latin for Oral Proficiency."
Hey, Andrew.

I can only imagine that teaching a foreign language online presents a challenge. How do you work in Oral Proficiency as well?

-smythe

CarmentaLatin
Textkit Neophyte

Post by CarmentaLatin »

Smythe,

I teach my classes with live audio and video, so they are very similar to a class in a normal classroom. The only difference, really, is that I can't see the students. I feel that it is necessary to have live audio interaction with a teacher if one is learning a language, and I don't believe Latin (or Greek) should be an exception. Conversation in Latin is a large part of my classes.

Thanks for your interest.

--Andreas