Online: NLyze (display/search "Nuntii Latini")

Latin after CDLXXVI
Carolus Raeticus
Textkit Enthusiast

Online: NLyze (display/search "Nuntii Latini")

Post by Carolus Raeticus »

Salvete!

I have just uploaded v1.0 of NLyze to my homepage.

This small programme allows display of editions of the Finnish Nuntii Latini hardwired into the file (by year, author). The articles also can be filtered using search expressions. Version 1.0 includes: 294 editions with 1687 articles (of which 256 currently only as headlines). Links to MP3s are included if available. These articles cover the years 2010 to 2017. I hope to be able to add more as I can find the texts.

Take a look, I believe it is well worth the trouble. As for the search expressions: NLyze uses regular expressions (and highlighting of the first capturing group). Try the following search expressions:
  • Normal search expression: trump
  • Regular expression with capturing group: (trump).
Of course, the real power requires more elaborate syntax, e.g.
  • \b((prim\w*|princ\w*)? ?ministr\w*)\b
Valete,

Carolus Raeticus
Sperate miseri, cavete felices.

Carolus Raeticus
Textkit Enthusiast

Re: Online: NLyze (display/search "Nuntii Latini")

Salvete!

I have just uploaded v1.02 of NLyze, the viewer for Nuntii Latini (Finnici)-news.

It covers the NLF from 13.05.2005 to 10.11.2017 (= 532 editions). Beginning with the 15.09.2006-edition links to MP3-files are available for most items (thanks to linguae.weebly.com). For 32 of 2948 news items the text is missing (only headlines available). Should anyone have these, please contact me via Texit.

Valete,

Carolus Raeticus

Lucus Eques
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lucus Eques »

Wow! This a great product you have developed! Thank you. I have just read today though that YLE has defunded the Nuntii Latini programme. These archives of yours will be essential!
L. Amādeus Rāniērius · Λ. Θεόφιλος Ῥᾱνιήριος 🦂

SCORPIO·MARTIANVS

Carolus Raeticus
Textkit Enthusiast

Lucus Eques wrote:Wow! This a great product you have developed! Thank you. I have just read today though that YLE has defunded the Nuntii Latini programme. These archives of yours will be essential!
Yes, the demise of the Finnish Nuntii Latini is sad, but I guess one should be grateful for how long they kept up the work. At least we have the following alternatives:
Vale,

Carolus Raeticus

jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Post by jeidsath »

I looked at the second link, and after some moments understanding very little of the left column, my eyes switched to the middle column. This is sure easy Latin, I thought, I can understand everything! Then I realized that the middle column was German.
“One might get one’s Greek from the very lips of Homer and Plato." "In which case they would certainly plough you for the Little-go. The German scholars have improved Greek so much.”

Joel Eidsath -- jeidsath@gmail.com

Carolus Raeticus
Textkit Enthusiast

jeidsath wrote:I looked at the second link, and after some moments understanding very little of the left column, my eyes switched to the middle column. This is sure easy Latin, I thought, I can understand everything! Then I realized that the middle column was German.
I am not quite sure what you mean. The link leads (at least in my Internet browser) to a web page with the left column being a list of monthly headlines (with each month's title, e. g. Nuntii Latini Mensis Octobris 2017, leading to the actual news in Latin). Doesn't that work for you?

Vale,

Carolus Raeticus

Jandar
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Jandar »

Someone's just started an online petition to collect signature against the cancellation of 'Nuntii Latini" per December 2017, would be great if people could sign & share this!

https://la.petitions24.com/appellite_ut ... ntinuentur

Carolus Raeticus
Textkit Enthusiast

Salvete!

I have just uploaded v1.03 of NLyze, the viewer for Nuntii Latini (Finnici)-news.

I have added the news items available at Interrete.de covering the years 2000-2005. Unfortunately some editions are missing, and for many editions, especially in the 2000-2001-range, only some of the news items are available. Still, this increases the count of news items with available text by 817 to 3.731 news items. They cover the NLF from 19.05.2000 to 22.12.2017 (= 737 editions). Beginning with the 15.09.2006-edition links to MP3-files are available for most items (thanks to linguae.weebly.com). For 34 of 2948 news items the text is missing (only headlines available). Should anyone have these, please contact me via Texit.

Valete,

Carolus Raeticus

Carolus Raeticus
Textkit Enthusiast

Salvete!

I have just uploaded v1.04 of NLyze, the viewer for Nuntii Latini (Finnici)-news.

I have added the following news items:
  • 01.09.1989-30.08.1991 (= the very first Nuntii Latini).
  • all 2017/2018 editions until 27.04.2018.
Valete,

Carolus Raeticus

Carolus Raeticus
Textkit Enthusiast

Salvete!

I have just uploaded v1.05 of NLyze, the viewer for Nuntii Latini (Finnici)-news.

• all 2018/2019 editions until 15.03.2019.
Call for help: Should anyone have a scan of one or all of Books II, III, or IV containing the early Nuntii Latini Finnici, then I would be very happy to get a copy so that I can transcribe these missing news and add them to NLyze.

Valete,

Carolus Raeticus

Carolus Raeticus
Textkit Enthusiast

Salvete!

I have just uploaded v1.06 of NLyze, the viewer for Nuntii Latini (Finnici)-news.

• the remaining 2019-editions (22.03.2019 to 14.06.2019).
This valuable web-site is unfortunately no longer adding new news (the 14.06.2019-edition was the last one). Still, they did a very good job, and I would like to preserve their work and make them available in a useful way. But there are still editions missing. So.... Call for help: Should anyone have a scan of one or all of Books II, III, or IV containing the early Nuntii Latini Finnici, then I would be very happy to get a copy (PDF) so that I can transcribe these missing news and add them to NLyze.

Valete,

Carolus Raeticus