Lingua latina

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
LatinGirly
Textkit Neophyte

Lingua latina

Post by LatinGirly »

Hi guys -

So I am about to finish my first semester of Latin, it was a distance learning course. Anyways soon I will be done with chapter 20 of Wheelocks. I have been doing both the textbook and workbook.

This semester I'm thinking of taking a semester off but plugging along with Wheelocks on my own, then I will be ahead for the next semester! But I was thinking maybe I should get Lingau Latina to supplement my studies. So this very long post is really just to ask what book of LL do I get? There are alot online and I don't know the order. Like I said I'm finishing up chapter 20 of wheelocks. But I don't mind at all a little review if it will solidify my understanding of the fundementals.

Thanks!
LG :D

Twpsyn
Textkit Member

Post by Twpsyn »

The orange book is the place to start. Here is the book on Amazon. You should not need anything besides this text, if you're just reading it casually.

Essorant
Textkit Fan

Post by Essorant »

It looks like they are out of stock at Amazon!

But here is a used copy at abebooks.com for only $8.55.

LatinGirly
Textkit Neophyte

Post by LatinGirly »

Whoohoo. Nice price thanks for finding it for me. I just ordered it now I'm excited!!!
Thanks Guys!!!!! :D :) :D

Alex Sheremet
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Lingua latina

Post by Alex Sheremet »

LatinGirly wrote: But I was thinking maybe I should get Lingau Latina to supplement my studies.
Correct! Don't bother trying to get ahead in Wheleock's Latin.. you'll forget it all too quickly without a supplement. If you spend time with Lingua Latina, you'll reinforce everything you've learned so far, and be able to read 5X faster than most beginning students studying exclusively with Wheelock.

LatinGirly
Textkit Neophyte

Post by LatinGirly »

Sweet! That is how I was hoping it would work. Thanks for the advice! This forum is so awesome :D
LG