some latin lines - please help!

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
Vivi
Textkit Neophyte

some latin lines - please help!

Post by Vivi »

Hey,

our Latin teacher, one of the best teachers i've ever had, is going to leave school at the end of this week.

We want to say Thankyou & Goodbye with flowers, chocolate - and some friendly lines.

We had the idea to write these lines in Latin and I said I would do it. However I (2 years of Latin lessons, only Latin-English-Translations) have to admit that i've kind of overestimated myself.

It would be so kind of you to help me with the following lines:

Dear Teacher,

we want to thank you for the years we've spent together.

Your calm and friendly manner, your great knowledge - not only in Latin but also in science and modern languages - , and your fine sense of humour make us think that you are one of the few really good teachers.

Yours respectfully,

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Kasper
Textkit Zealot

Post by Kasper »

but ... if he's the best teacher, then you and your classmates should be reasonably good students, right? so why not make an attempt at it yourselves first, and then post that for comments?
“Cum ego verbo utar,” Humpty Dumpty dixit voce contempta, “indicat illud quod optem – nec plus nec minus.”
“Est tamen rogatio” dixit Alice, “an efficere verba tot res indicare possis.”
“Rogatio est, “Humpty Dumpty responsit, “quae fiat magister – id cunctum est.”