Le Latin Sans Peine Audio

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
Ursinus
Textkit Enthusiast

Le Latin Sans Peine Audio

Post by Ursinus »

I was wondering if anyone has bought the newest version of Le Latin Sans Peine? I was told by someone-- as yet uncorroborated by anyone else-- that the audio that comes with it includes both ecclesiastical pronunciation and classical. Is that true? Thanks.
In hoc enim fallimur, quod mortem prospicimus" -- Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Vestibulum: Revised and Expanded

Διορθοῦ με εἰ πλανῶμαι, παρακαλῶ.

Gratia et Pax,

Joannes Ursinus

Shenoute
Textkit Enthusiast

Re: Le Latin Sans Peine Audio

Post by Shenoute »

The Italian edition offers both pronunciations:
I 2 cd MP3 relativi a questo corso presentano la lettura integrale dei dialoghi sia nella pronuncia ecclesiastica che nella pronuncia restituta.
This is also the case for the German edition:
Die 3 Audio-CDs enthalten alle Lektionstexte in der Restituta-Aussprache (Spieldauer: 162 min). Die 2 mp3-CDs enthalten alle Lektionstexte in der Restituta- und Ecclesiastica-Aussprache + alle vertonten Lieder (Spieldauer: 162 + 174 min)
Strangely enough, the French edition does not seem to offer both pronunciations. I have no certitude, but only one mp3-cd is mentioned compared to two for the Italian and German edition and this blog post explicitly states that the reconstructed pronunciation is used, without making any mention of the ecclesiatical pronunciation (and all three audio samples are reconstructed).

Ursinus
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Ursinus »

Sescentas gratias tibi ago, mi amice.
In hoc enim fallimur, quod mortem prospicimus" -- Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Vestibulum: Revised and Expanded

Διορθοῦ με εἰ πλανῶμαι, παρακαλῶ.

Gratia et Pax,

Joannes Ursinus

Shenoute
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Shenoute »

Libenter feci.

Elexi
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Elexi »

Just to confirm, the CDs for the Italian and the German edition are the same recordings and come in RCP and Roman Catholic pronunciation. The new French edition is a different recording and is in RCP only.