spoken latin

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
little flower
Textkit Member

spoken latin

Post by little flower »

hi textkit
does any one know any websites where i can practise speaking latin?i have been listening to evan milners latinum for a long time but i find it difficult to practise speaking on my own.there is also a site dedicated to lingua latina by joe klomparens which covers the first half of this book. i have had two tutors over the past 8 years but neither of them wanted to teach me to speak.i would be prepared to pay a small fee for the right person.
thanks
little flower

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: spoken latin

Post by bedwere »

While you continue your search, you may want to start practicing in the agora section by writing short sentences (more or less) about the weather

Jandar
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Jandar »

Perhaps Ellie Arnold's Latine loquamur. It's main target group is Latin teachers though:
A chat, in Latin, but not necessarily about Latin. The chat is usually about teaching because that's what we have in common, but it certainly doesn't have to be. Saturdays 11am Eastern Time.

Laurentius Mons
Textkit Member

Post by Laurentius Mons »

You might also want to look for Facebook groups. There's a group that's called "Latine Loquamur", for example, where people write in Latin. I think there you might find some conversation partners as well.

tadamichi
Textkit Neophyte

Post by tadamichi »

Hey do u have LINE or Skype?? I need a language partner to practice latin, I've never spoke it ...