Online: Lysistrata in Latin

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
Carolus Raeticus
Textkit Enthusiast

Online: Lysistrata in Latin

Post by Carolus Raeticus »

Salvete omnes!

My transcription of Richard François Philippe Brunck's (1729-1803) Latin prose version of the Lysistrata by Aristophanes is finally online. There are two editions, however, due to the very strict copyright regulations of Project Gutenberg:
  • Project Gutenberg-version: This version contains the Latin text plus some notes of mine concerning differences between two versions of the text. In addition it features footnotes explaining some of the content which I lifted from an English Project Gutenberg-edition. Note: do not choose this one. Instead opt for the next version.
  • Complete version on my homepage: This version additionally contains alternative actor names and stage directions from a 1924-Loeb edition. Project Gutenberg has a 1923-limit for copyright purposes. This version does not add much text, but it is useful text.
I hope you enjoy it.

Valete,

Carolus Raeticus
Sperate miseri, cavete felices.