See this page for the pertinent files:
- A PDF of the transcribed text, hopperized (i.e. with links added to Perseus word lookups).
- The Word file, latest revision.
- Some notes on useful Greek and English editions of the Janua.
- The Word macro used to add the Perseus links to the text.
- A 1789 Greek-only edition of the Janua, by far the most readable. It also includes a huge Greek-Latin word index.
No doubt the text has many errors throughout, mainly transcriptional but some also in the original. If you find any errors, please post a correction here on this thread. Feel free to check or re-check any chapter, but please post beforehand what you intend to check (and check these posts, later in the thread) so that we can avoid duplicate efforts. Note that the PDF is usually dated and does not include the most recent corrections.
CURRENT STAGE: Proofreading the text. See about 20 posts down for progress so far.
- Incorporate the Greek-Latin word index from the 1789 edition.
- Incorporate the Lexicon Januale?
- Add/link to pictures?
Thanks and enjoy!