LDS Pen Pal for Latin Learning?

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
DWBrumbley
Textkit Neophyte

LDS Pen Pal for Latin Learning?

Post by DWBrumbley »

No, this is not a personal ad, don't get nervous. I'm looking for someone who would be willing to work with me and provide feedback on an ongoing basis in some translation efforts I'm working on. My current project is doing a translation of selected passages from The Book of Mormon, which, unlike the Old and New Testaments, didn't come with a Latin translation before it got to English. (Plenty of information about that elsewhere on the internet or if you message me, but this is a language forum, not a religious one, so that's neither here nor there) So I thought it would be a fun project to work with. I'm looking for something of a pen pal to whom I could send translations and from whom I might receive feedback and explanations of my errors. Does not have to be LDS, obviously, but I thought it would be a fun exercise for someone who is, since hopefully you'll get as much out of the translation work as I do.

Here's hoping to hear from someone soon. Gotta love this site, I always learn so much every time I start browsing through here.

metrodorus
Textkit Fan

Re: LDS Pen Pal for Latin Learning?

Post by metrodorus »

You might want to post your 'advert' on Schola as well - assuming your Latin is good enough to translate a text, it should be good enough to compose one, as everything posted at Schola needs to be in Latin or Attic Greek. You might possibly find someone there who is interested in your project.
http://schola.network-maker.com/
I run http://latinum.org.uk which provides the Adler Audio Latin Course, other audio materials, and additional free materials on YouTube.

DWBrumbley
Textkit Neophyte

Re: LDS Pen Pal for Latin Learning?

Post by DWBrumbley »

Metrodorus - I'll do just that, as soon as I'm able to compose it in latin. I'm getting better by practice, but it's nowhere near where I'd like it to be just yet. Thank you for the suggestion, and approving my profile on there.