Latin book publishers... ?

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
Iacobus Mathematicus
Textkit Neophyte

Latin book publishers... ?

Post by Iacobus Mathematicus »

Anyone know where I can get a copy (in Latin) of Anselm's "Cur Deus Homo"? Does anyone publish these things anymore? :(

pax,
Iacobus

calvinist
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by calvinist »

I don't think you'll be able to find a new copy in print, you may have to search for it on abebooks. com or some place where they sell rare old books. That's alot of money though... maybe someone has the text online, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I came into a similar problem searching for "Institutio Christianae Religionis" by John Calvin. I found the text on one site and I guess I'll have to bind my own book if I want to hold it in my hand ( I can't read books on a computer!). Interest in classics is dying out and I think even more so in medieval/ecclesiastical Latin, that's why it's really hard to find stuff in that area.

roxwyfe
Textkit Neophyte

Post by roxwyfe »

There's a text online at

http://www.fh-augsburg.de/~harsch/Chron ... .html#lib1

Hope it's what you're looking for.

Misopogon
Textkit Member

Re: Latin book publishers... ?

Post by Misopogon »

Iacobus Mathematicus wrote:Anyone know where I can get a copy (in Latin) of Anselm's "Cur Deus Homo"? Does anyone publish these things anymore? :(

pax,
Iacobus
It seems that it is not available even from the Vatican bookshop! Anyway in Italy it still published inside a collection of text on Christology, with double text Latin/Italian, if you do not mind. The edition is pretty good AFAIK, it costs about 27-30 euros.
Cristo (Il) - Vol. 3 - Testi teologici e spirituali in latino da Agostino a Anselmo di Canterbury
ISBN 8804319038
Good luck for your quest
Regards
Misopogon