Beginners Latin Group using D'Ooge

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
Dean
Textkit Neophyte

Beginners Latin Group using D'Ooge

Post by Dean »

I wanted to know if anyone here would be interested in helping me with forming and moderating a beginners Latin course using the D'Ooge text.
Thanks!
Dean

Marcus Regulus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Marcus Regulus »

I am interested in joining one. I guess I would have to know what is involved in helping. I do need the accountability myself though.

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

There's been some talk about this a few weeks ago ( viewtopic.php?t=3517 ). I've been a slow-poke and I also haven't been able to get a response from Jeff yet.
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Imilce
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Beginners Latin Group using D'Ooge

Post by Imilce »

I'd be interested in joining a beginner's Latin group using D'Ooge.

..and if I knew what to do to make it all go, I'd be willing to help out.

Dean
Textkit Neophyte

Some thoughts about a beginners Latin Group

Post by Dean »

Dear All,

First of all, thank you for all your comments and support.
I have been thinking that what we need is someone who has had enough Latin to be able to help. That is not to say that beginners couldn't help, but to be a guide or moderator one has to have had enough Latin to know the tough bits and so on. I think I have had that. Just thinking for a moment, I used Wheelock in college. But it's not the edition that is out now. I haven't seen it. But it couldn't be that much different. There might even be a chance we could use that. But I was thinking it would be better if the text was free. I am still interested in a beginners group.

Dean