latin to english translation

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
smileygrl
Textkit Neophyte

latin to english translation

Post by smileygrl »

Can anybody help me translate "Amor Dei gratia semper vivit" and "Amor in perpetuum vivit dei gratia" to english?

Do they have same thought? What would be the best/correct latin of the above phrases. Want to have them corrected coz im going to get tattooed of whatever the correct phrase to use.

Thanks so much for your help.

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Re: latin to english translation

Post by thesaurus »

smileygrl wrote:Can anybody help me translate "Amor Dei gratia semper vivit" and "Amor in perpetuum vivit dei gratia" to english?

Do they have same thought? What would be the best/correct latin of the above phrases. Want to have them corrected coz im going to get tattooed of whatever the correct phrase to use.

Thanks so much for your help.
Both versions are correct and similar.

"Amor dei gratia semper vivit." Love lives by the grace of god" or "Love lives always by the grace of god."
"Amor in perpetuum vivit dei gratia." Love lives forever by the grace of God." I can't say which one is better, because it would depend on the subtlety of your interests.
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute