as I've posted before I am learning from the Oxford Latin Course. I'm hoping that I can get some help with my 'homework'.
I'm given sentences to translate. I have only learned the present active case so all my answers reflect that.
any help is appreciated.
translating from latin to english.
1) amici ad ludum lente ambulant. sero adveniunt.
the friends walk slowly to school. they arrive late.
2) ubi ludum intrant, magister iratus est.
when they enter, the master is angry.
3) 'cur sero advenitis?' inquit; 'mali pueri estis.'
'why do you arrive late?' he says; 'you children are bad''
4) pueri sedent et magistrum audiunt; ille litteras docet.
the children sit and listen to the master, he teaches letters.
5) tandem pueros dimittere constituit, pueros iubet domum currere.
At last he decides to send the children home; he orders them to run home.
6) puellae cum Scintilla ad fontem procedunt.
the girls proceed to the spring with Scintilla.
7) Horatia magnam urnam portat et lente ambulat.
Horatia carries a big urn and walks slowly.
8) Scintilla Horatiam festinare iubet. ' cur lente ambulas?' inquit 'debes festinare'
Scintilla orders Horatia to hurry. ' why do you walk slow' she says 'you ought to hurry'
9) ubi ad fontem adveniunt, aquam ducunt.
when thet arrive at the spring, they draw water.
10) Horatia fessa est; 'nonne iam domum redimus' inquit.
Horatia is tired; 'cant we return home already' she says.
from english to latin.
1)what are you doing Quintus? Why aren't you helping the farmer?
quid facis, Quinte? cur colonum non iuvas?
2) I'm working hard; I am tired.
diligenter laboro; fessus sum
3) What are you doing Horatia? we are going to market. Areen't you ready?
quid facis, Haratia? ad forum imus. esne parata?
4) I am ready. I'm coming quickly.
parata sum. celeriter vinio.
5) Flaccus tells his son to come with him to the field.
Flaccus filium iubet secum ad agrun venire.
6) 'Quintus' he says' you ought to work in the field.'
'Quinte' inquit 'debes in agrum laborare'
7) 'Don't you want to help me?'
' nonne me cupio iuvare?'
8) but the boy is tired; he does not want to work.
sed puer fessus est; laborare non cupit.
9) at last Flaccus decides to send the boy home.
tendem Flaccus constituit puerum domo dimittere.
10) Quintus hurries home and calls Horatia.
Quintus domum festinat et Horatiam vocat.
If there's a better place for me to post this please advise