Hello

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
rfcompte
Textkit Neophyte

Hello

Post by rfcompte »

Hello, I´m new here. I´m from Ecuador. I´ve been lerning Latin for 3 months nowwith a online course. Now, I´ve run into some confusion with the subjunctive. I´d appreciate help of any kind. Some exercises would help. Where can I find some exercises?
"Fortuna multis dat nimis, nulli satis" M. Valerius Martialis

Barrius
Textkit Member

Re: Hello

Post by Barrius »

rfcompte wrote:Hello, I´m new here. I´m from Ecuador. I´ve been lerning Latin for 3 months nowwith a online course. Now, I´ve run into some confusion with the subjunctive. I´d appreciate help of any kind. Some exercises would help. Where can I find some exercises?
Salve rfcompte! I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for, but this page might be of some assistance, with some exercises at the bottom of the page.

http://abney.homestead.com/subjunctivelatin.html

mariek
Global Moderator

Re: Hello

Post by mariek »

Hi rfcompte!

Welcome to Textkit!

Sorry, I can't help you with the subjunctive. I haven't gotten that far yet. :?

rfcompte
Textkit Neophyte

hello

Post by rfcompte »

Thanks for the warm welcome!
I´ve been learning with Judith Meyer's translation of the CURSUS NOVUS COMPACTUS at http://www.learnlatin.tk. My goal is to be able to read Caesar and Catullus. I guess I need a Latin Prose composition book. What would you recommend?

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Textkit has a very fine selection of prose composition books. Unlike textbooks, many of the prose comps have undergone few changes even in their modern editions. My North and Hillard Latin Prose Composition is practically the same as the very old one on Textkit. There are also two other prose composition books on Textkit right now which have both been very appealing to me, though I have not studied from either (...yet).
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

rfcompte
Textkit Neophyte

Post by rfcompte »

Hello,
I don't think I will be using any Prose Composition book yet. I'm interested in a passive knowledge of Latin now! Mostly reading and understanding every single word. Does anybody know links to online Latin readers of relatively simple Latin texts?

R.

Dingbats
Textkit Member

Post by Dingbats »

http://www.romana-hamburg.de/LIBERLAT.PDF is a good book. It's really simple in the beginning but gets gradually harder and harder as you progress.

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

Cool! Thanks for the link!

rfcompte
Textkit Neophyte

Post by rfcompte »

Hallo Mariek!!!

Let's translate your signature!!!

R.