Latin tools for Palm Pilots

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
mariek
Global Moderator

Latin tools for Palm Pilots

Post by mariek »

The screen an my old Palm cracked when the Palm took a nosedive onto the floor of a bus, and the unit has not functioned ever since. I have just picked up a new replacement (yep, I skipped the old "new" one I never made the transition to) and am now looking for Latin tools for my new toy.... stuff like Latin vocabulary flash cards, Latin grammar, etc.

Do you have any favorites?

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

here are a few from a cursory search (my palm is defunct right now so i haven't tried any of these...):

Lexicons

Flashcards (These say you can download to your palm but say whether you need software for them or not...)

Latin Sayings

e-books - this one has vergil, caesar, and propertius latin e-books but they aren't free.
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

Thanks for the links. I like the Latin Sayings, that'll keep me amused. We have this IM app which we use at work. I'll have to use some of the more amusing sayings is my "away" message.

I can't look at thte Flash Cards link quite yet, site has exceeded limit. I'll check it out when things quiesce.

The only thing I don't like about this new Palm is the battery life. I think I'll need to charge it every 2-3 days. Otherwise, it's great to have access to my contacts again.