Aeneid vocabulary

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
hopper
Textkit Neophyte

Aeneid vocabulary

Post by hopper »

Salvete,
I am preparing for the AP Vergil exam, and my teacher is worried because, well, I've been slacking a bit this year due to other AP and college level classes, whatever. I believe my weakest point is my vocabulary. I get to a word I don't know, and I get stuck and have a real problem moving beyond it.

So, if anyone has suggestions on lists of vocab I can look at and work on, they would be greatly appreciated. By the way, we're using Pharr's I-VI, and the X & XII companion. I'm good on the vocab that's in the fold-out section at the back of the Pharr (mostly the easy stuff from the last four years), but it's the slightly harder stuff that gets me.

By the way, I have a dictionary, so any lists don't have to have definitions with them, it might even be a plus if they didn't.

Thanks in advance!

--John Best

chad
Textkit Zealot

Post by chad »

hi john, there's an "aeneid vocab" document here on textkit, in the secret little "handouts" section (which you can only get to through the sitemap).

http://www.textkit.com/files/aeneid_vocabulary.pdf

hope it helps... cheers, chad. :)