A few small translations

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
dingovigo
Textkit Neophyte

A few small translations

Post by dingovigo »

hi, im just browsing around and have a couple small phrases i was hopin you all could help me with. Im not a latin student or anything, just a curious party

:D

1st off...just something that means 'inner balance'

'I conquer the chaos'

'Balance and Power'

also i was wondering what the correct grammar for the words 'deus perfidus' would be.

thanks for ur help!

benissimus
Global Moderator

Re: A few small translations

Post by benissimus »

Hi and welcome to the forum. There are many ways to say things in Latin, so I will just offer some examples that I think sound good.
dingovigo wrote: 1st off...just something that means 'inner balance'
I would go with aequanimitas which breaks down into two words, aequus animus, "a level spirit". We also get the word "equanimity" in English from this word.
'I conquer the chaos'
Chaos supero
'Balance and Power'
Ordo et Vis
also i was wondering what the correct grammar for the words 'deus perfidus' would be.
Hmm, not quite sure what you mean. Deus is a masculine noun of the second declension and it is in the nominative singular here; perfidus is an adjective and matches deus in inflection. It translates to "unfaithful god". It is correct... so long as you don't put it in a sentence with other Latin words without knowing what you're doing ;)
Last edited by benissimus on Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

dingovigo
Textkit Neophyte

Post by dingovigo »

hey thanks a lot, you have greatly helped me out :D :D .

many many thanks.