Textkit Logo

Latin numbers

Here's where you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get translation help and more!

Moderator: thesaurus

Latin numbers

Postby acelineclavet » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:09 am

Hi. I'm Aceline. Friends call me Ace. I came here to share with you my experience. I study Latin for 5 years.
So here is the deal. It is necessary for you to understand Latin numbers. Latin numbers are essentially adjectives as they are in English, and so we will treat them as such. However, there are some nuances that must be addressed. Topics in this article include:Role of Numbers, Numbers and Numerals, Types of Numbers, Learning the Numbers, One through Ten, Declining One and Two,In Sentences.
So if you don't mind I can write some sentences about all these things.
acelineclavet
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Latin numbers

Postby adrianus » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:37 pm

Surely. Do that, Ace. (Speaking for myself.)
Licet. Sic facias, Monas. (Pro me ipso scribo.)
I'm writing in Latin hoping for correction, and not because I'm confident in how I express myself. Latinè scribo ut ab omnibus corrigar, non quod confidenter me exprimam.
adrianus
Textkit Zealot

Postby Grochojad » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:59 pm

acelineclavet wrote:Hi. I'm Aceline. Friends call me Ace. I came here to share with you my experience. I study Latin for 5 years.
So here is the deal. It is necessary for you to understand Latin numbers. Latin numbers are essentially adjectives as they are in English, and so we will treat them as such. However, there are some nuances that must be addressed. Topics in this article include:Role of Numbers, Numbers and Numerals, Types of Numbers, Learning the Numbers, One through Ten, Declining One and Two,In Sentences.
So if you don't mind I can write some sentences about all these things.

Why haven't you done so yet?
Grochojad
Textkit Neophyte

Postby Sinister Petrus » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:18 pm

Grochojad wrote:Why haven't you done so yet?

Σπαμ. Σπαμιττη σπαμ.
Sinister Petrus
Textkit Neophyte

Postby Grochojad » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:23 pm

Sinister Petrus wrote:
Grochojad wrote:Why haven't you done so yet?

Σπαμ. Σπαμιττη σπαμ.

Spam. Spamitte spam.
Grochojad
Textkit Neophyte

Return to Learning Latin